Hours per week
40 hours per week
This is a full-time, temporary position located in Jacksonville, Florida. The position lasts from April 1 to early August, with travel to Orlando required April 13-15 and June 1-3. It will involve part-time work in April, scaling up to full-time work in early May through August.
About Instruction Partners
Who We Are:
At Instruction Partners, we are a team of educators obsessed with instructional excellence. We dig deep into the often overlooked practical actions that power progress to learn what works, and translate it into support for schools and educators. We believe we can get better faster, together, and make every classroom a place of great learning that prepares students for successful, rewarding lives.
What We Do:
We work shoulder to shoulder with schools and educators to improve the quality of instruction in core academics. We don’t offer one-size-fits-all solutions or push particular programs. Instead, we get into classrooms together and work through a collaborative process, with a singular focus of improving student outcomes. We work in two ways: we partner with schools and districts to support academic growth, and we provide deep-dive professional development for educators.
Our Core Values:
- We are optimists: We believe that every student can succeed and that educators, with the right supports, can lead them to success. We aren’t scared of challenges, but have the courage and sense of possibility to overcome obstacles while holding high expectations and maintaining a sense of possibility for students, educators, and ourselves.
- We are learners: We know there are always ways to improve. We believe our long-term success is a result of how well we learn. We seek to understand the best of what is known, we reflect on successes and challenges and we always look for ways we can grow.
- We are big-hearted: We care deeply about each other and our work, and we know we can accomplish more together than alone. At all times, we communicate with kindness and empathy. We value diverse perspectives and honor individuality. We operate with no egos.
- We are relentless: We pursue excellence by setting ambitious goals, working hard to overcome obstacles and boldly trying new things to ensure each student learns at a high level.
- We are practical: We believe support should be thoughtful by meeting people, schools, and districts where they are. We look for ways to work smart, focus on the most relevant impact, and reduce friction to make it easier to take action.
- We are direct: We honor each other by being honest, even when it is difficult. We are straightforward about what we know and what we do not. Our respectful directness allows us to align our relationships and conversations toward our shared goals.
About the Role
Florida Standards Bootcamps are two-day intensive trainings offered in math and ELA at every grade level, focused on the content of the two most challenging domains. Bootcamps are offered at 6 sites across Florida on June 19-22 and July 17-20. In order to support Bootcamps logistics, we are hiring an event management intern to support the Florida Operations Coordinator from April through August. The intern will be responsible for booking and coordinating all travel and reimbursements for the content coaches who are facilitating Standards Bootcamps, and managing the Site Leads who are running Bootcamps sites.
- Conduct all travel and reimbursements for Bootcamps content coaches (session facilitators), including:
- Work with the Florida Operations Coordinator to book hotels, assign participant rooms, and talk to hotels about details
- Collect, process, and run all reimbursements for content coaches for their training weekends and during Bootcamps
- Work with the Finance team on reimbursement payments
- Communicate with content coaches to answer all questions and problem solve through issues related to travel and reimbursement
- Set up Site Leads to run all Bootcamps sites
- Oversee Site Leads’ responsibilities
- Order materials or sync with the Central Ops Intern on materials distribution
- Place catering orders for each site
- Field questions, problem solve
- Act as point of contact for Site Leads, including assisting with onboarding and training
- Support on content coach payments, as needed
- Support the Florida Operations Coordinator on other Bootcamps tasks, as needed
Candidate Qualifications and Traits:
- Experience with event planning and logistics
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Problem solver
- Has an affinity for tracking information
- Understands nuances of finances
- Clear communicator who provides excellent customer service and is a positive face between Instruction Partners and content coaches
- Committed to supporting instructional improvement
- Consistently available from 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday through Friday
- Able to travel to Orlando for content coach trainings April 13-15 and June 1-3 (weekends)
- Has own transportation, phone, and computer to use
Compensation and Position Duration:
This position will begin part-time on April 1, scaling up to full-time (40 hours per week) from mid-May through early August. It is located in Jacksonville the majority of the time, with opportunities to work from home. The compensation package is $3,500.00 for the duration of the role, with additional reimbursements for travel as needed. Benefits and healthcare are not included.
Instruction Partners provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Instruction Partners complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
How To Apply
Submit your application at http://instructionpartners.applytojob.com/apply/R1bO5DSfuQ/Florida-Summer-Event-Management-Intern.