Hours per week
8-15 hours per week
19 Clarendon Street
Boston Ballet is seeking a student majoring in Public Relations, Marketing, or Communications who is a self-motivated, eager, and detail-oriented worker with the ability to multi-task in a professional environment.
Interns will work under the supervision of the public relations staff on a variety of activities including but not limited to:
- Assisting with social media content creation
- Media relations research
- Assist with press kit creation and organization
- Assist with social media metrics and reporting
- Assist public relations staff with the press table on opening night performances
- Assist with the organization of photography and Playbill archives
- Assist with press files
- Other projects as assigned
- Currently or recently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program
- Able to commit to 8-15 hours per week with some evening work required
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Independent and self motivated
- Proficiency in general office software programs including Excel, Word, and Internet search tools.
- Knowledge of relevant social media tools and platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Tumblr, Google+, WordPress, etc.
- College level writing skills
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, a high level of professionalism, creativity, humor, and a love for the arts –particularly dance, encouraged
Boston Ballet is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Boston Ballet internships are unpaid. Boston Ballet internships are available for credit (preferred) or on a volunteer basis. Boston Ballet Interns in the Fall and Spring are eligible for complimentary tickets to season performances and discounted classes.