Hours per week
July 9th - Aug 17th
35 West 124th Street
Harlem Village Academies
Harlem Village Academies is a K-12 charter network in Harlem committed to the ideals of progressive education. Based in Harlem, HVA is also the demonstration site for the Progressive Education Institute.
Join an incredible community of educators who are passionate about progressive pedagogy while embracing a sense of urgency, a strong work ethic, and accountability for student learning. We select individuals who share our vision and are willing to put in the hard work to achieve it.
The Network Operations Intern at Harlem Village Academies will work with a team committed to supporting a successful Summer Institute. The Network Operations Intern will report to the network’s education leadership team, fulfilling the operational and administrative needs of the organization in addition to gaining hands-on event planning and project management skills.
Throughout Summer Institute, interns will gain access to top-notch professional development sessions facilitated by some of the greatest education leaders in the country. This internship is particularly valuable for candidates considering work in education reform after college.
Our ideal candidate is a highly organized, driven individual with strong time-management skills, a commitment to education reform, and an interest in event management. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the below:
- Support the planning and implementation of HVA’s Summer Institute, where our teachers come together to learn and plan rich curricula for the upcoming school year;
- Support and manage projects in operational areas for our five schools, including procurement, classroom set-up, and technology;
- Manage logistics for school- or network-wide events;
- Manage the professional development video archive and video recording of Institute sessions;
- Other projects as assigned.
- Currently working toward a bachelor’s or graduate degree
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and detail-oriented
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
How To Apply
First, learn about us! Review our website and consider whether Harlem Village Academies is the place for you. If your skills and experience are a match for this role, please apply through the careers section of our website.
Harlem Village Academies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity among our staff.
Applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please apply through the Careers section of our website: http://bit.ly/HVA-Careers.