Hours per week
18 Tremont St.
The Development Department at GLBTQ Legal Advocates & Defenders (GLAD) is looking for a Development Intern to help raise the funds that enable GLAD to meet our goals. This is a great opportunity for someone who wants to have an impact on issues of social justice in a very practical way. Join us and learn about or gain further experience in special events fundraising and non-profit development.
General development tasks:
· Assist in managing the 180 item silent auction for GLAD’s “Summer Party” in July, including following up on auction donation requests, tracking incoming auction items, and creating display materials for the auction.
· Assist with sponsor follow-up, RSVP tracking, and other tasks as necessary for Summer Party and other GLAD events, including regional events and the Spirit of Justice Award dinner.
· Assist with on-site logistics and registration for GLAD events
· Data entry and clean-up (SalesForce)
· Assist with mailings
· Draft correspondence to donors
· Conduct prospect research
· Other fundraising support as needed
All interns will receive extensive training in the SalesForce database.
A desire to work in non-profit development and preferably some background in an office setting. The ability to take direction, and show initiative and follow through is a must. Excellent attention to detail and a willingness to ask questions are also critical.
This is a part-time (12- 20hr/week), unpaid internship ideally beginning in January and staying through May. Hours are 9am-5pm with the occasional evening or weekend event.
How To Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to:
Erin Semagin Damio, Database Manager