$750 stipend to be paid out over the duration of the internship
Hours per week
40 hours per week for a minimum of 8 weeks during the Fall 2018 semester
Are you passionate about the well-being of kids? Do you enjoy working in a team-oriented and collaborative environment? Do people frequently describe you as a “strong communicator,” “people person” or “problem solver?”
Come build community playgrounds with us!
KaBOOM! is looking for two college students, recent college graduates or graduate students to join our dynamic Project Management team for the Fall 2018 semester as interns. The team is responsible for planning and execution of community-build events, which gather over 200 volunteers to help build a playground in a single day.
- Organization and Project Execution
- Provide on-site support to the lead Project Manager during KaBOOM!-led community playground builds, including the physical preparation and construction of the playground and site amenities
- Learn about playground equipment, play environments and project planning and execution
- Assist with volunteer and event management of playground builds across North America
- Assist Project Managers with creating and revising planning documents, including administrative reports. Support planning for organizational retreats and events
- Writing and Communications
- Prepare written instructions for volunteers regarding installation of playground equipment and construction of other site amenities
- A matriculating college student who has earned enough credits for a sophomore status, or a student who has graduated from college within the preceding six months
- Area of academic study relates to the intern opening (Non-profit Management, Communications, Marketing, Construction Management, etc.), strongly preferred
- Ability to work in Washington, DC office
- Ability to work approximately 40 hours per week
- Ability to work a minimum of 8 weeks August through December 2018
- Ability to secure their own lodging/housing in the DC area for the Fall 2018 semester
- Ability to travel to playground builds across North America (all expenses paid by KaBOOM!)
- Adhere to all KaBOOM! employment policies
KaBOOM! is the national non-profit dedicated to giving all kids – especially those living in poverty – the childhood they deserve through great, safe places to play. KaBOOM! inspires communities to make play the easy choice and works to drive the national discussion about the importance of PLAYces. KaBOOM! has collaborated with partners to build or restore more than 17,000 playspaces, engaged more than 1.5 million volunteers and served over 9 million kids.
KaBOOM! is an EEO dedicated to workforce diversity – women, people of color and LGBTQ+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please visit kaboom.org/careers and select Fall Internship – Community Playground Organizer to apply. Each intern will receive a $750 stipend to be paid out over the course of the semester. Both interns will be based in our Washington, DC office.
How To Apply
Please visit kaboom.org/careers and select Fall Internship – Community Playground Organizer to apply. Don't forget to include a thoughtful cover letter to tell us why you are the right fit for the internship!