Hours per week
30 3rd Avenue, 800B
Hollaback! is a global, people-powered movement to end harassment. We work together to understand the problem, ignite public conversations, and develop innovative strategies that ensure equal access to public spaces. We leverage the very spaces where harassment happens – from online to the streets – to have each other’s backs, create communities of resistance, and build a world where we can all be who we are, wherever we are.
The fellowship will run for a full year with an estimated time commitment of 20 hours per week. We offer a $400 stipend per month. The candidate will work from our office in downtown Brooklyn for the first six months, and then will be given the option to work from home 1-2 days a week based on performance.
The Hollaback! communications fellowship offers an exciting opportunity for an energetic people-person with a can-do attitude and an eagerness to learn. The fellow will assist with media outreach, social media, writing and editing, event support, special projects, research, and administrative work.
As the Communications Fellow, you will do the following:
- Maintain and develop exciting social media content about ending harassment for platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Communicate and engage with our followers through social media messages
- Monitor media contacts, build our growing media lists, and coordinate our press archive
- Draft our weekly blog updates on Hollaback! headquarters and site activity
- Monitor international movement activity by tracking blog posts from each site
- Participate in communications strategy meetings
- Work with staff to finalize our annual report
- Ongoing administrative assistance as needed
- A current student or recent graduate with a strong commitment to Hollaback!’s mission
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, results-driven, and motivated by project management and deadlines
- Has excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Has strong familiarity with monitoring and developing social media content
- Knowledge of Google Drive and Apps
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively with others
- Quick thinker: can boil a great amount of information into takeaways and next steps
- Excited to work in a fast-paced environment with aggressive growth plans
- Eager to take on challenges with a sense of humor
- Flexible with work tasks
- $400 stipend per month.
- The candidate will work from our office in downtown Brooklyn for the first six months, and then will be given the option to work from home 1-2 days a week based on performance.
How To Apply
To apply, please email a PDF resume to firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment and include the cover letter in the body of the email. The cover letter should include answers to the following questions:
- Why do you care about ending harassment?
- Tell us about a time when you identified something that either wasn’t working or was unjust, and what steps you took to change it.
Hollaback! is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, women, LGBTQ people, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis.