17 Battery Place
The Intern(s) report to the Director of Human Resources and Administration, Deputy Directors of Network Programs, Sustainability & Resiliency, Lending and/or Program Managers. The Intern will be receive an in depth introduction to a multifaceted non-profit organization’s programmatic and operational functions. Internships can be full time (40 hours per week, M-F, 10am – 6-pm) or part time (a minimum of 24 hours per week).
- Contribute to the Center’s citywide outreach strategy by attending neighborhood homeowner events, reviewing research on the impact of various outreach strategies, assisting with conducting outreach events, and more;
- Assist in the development of a succinct and engaging online resource guide for our network;
- Document, review, edit, and report on case work in Salesforce database;
- Draft language regarding the Center’s history and evolution;
- Assist with conducting outreach events;
- Plan, coordinate, and assist with company wide events including outings and celebrations;
- Work with operational staff to ensure that office runs smoothly and that staff needs are being met;
- Work with Homeowner Hub staff to gather information from homeowners;
- Provide support to team members, such as calendar management, file management, data entry, general office tasks (scanning, faxing, filing), and organizing and preparing materials for meetings and events such as conferences, panels, etc;
- Other project as assigned.
- Interns must currently be studying for an educational degree at the college or graduate or looking to expand their resume upon completion of a college or graduate degree;
Skills & Experience Required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required;
- Fluency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Database knowledge, especially Salesforce, is desired
- Meets rigorous deadlines and handles challenging tasks with efficiency and attention to detail;
- Passionate or demonstrated interest in the Center’s mission and programs that promote affordable homeownership and flood resiliency
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please email your resume and a cover letter through our website at http://cnycn.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=Idealist. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicant review will continue until the positions are filled. We thank you for your interest in career opportunities with the Center for NYC Neighborhoods. No phone calls, please.
The Center strongly encourages Section 3 residents to participate in this hiring effort. Information to determine if you are a Section 3 resident can be obtained by contacting Michael Hartwyk at (646) 786-0882 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Persons requiring reasonable accommodation to participate in this hiring effort are requested to contact Michael Hartwyk at (646) 786-0882 or by email at email@example.com.