Hours per week
25 hours per week
District of Columbia
Immediate Supervisor: Program Manager
Work Location: Washington D.C.
Commitment: June-August 2018
Position at a glance:
This individual will lead the implementation of L.A.C.E.S. summer sports programs for refugee youth in the Greater Washington D.C. area. You will be given opportunities to take on unique responsibilities, relationship-building, program management and networking with various organizations and refugee populations in the D.C. metro area.
1. Relationship building & networking
- Maintain on-going relationships with the refugee community and community-based partners in the Washington D.C. metro area to help identify beneficiaries
- Promote sports programming among L.A.C.E.S. network and areas of geographic influence
- Represent L.A.C.E.S. to local sport leagues
2. Research & Fundraising
- Identify funding opportunities within the scope of L.A.C.E.S. work
- Research potential partners such as churches, other NGO's, foundations or businesses that would be interested in supporting L.A.C.E.S.
- Manage all social media around this program
3. Program Management
- Organize equipment, coaches and youth to participate in sports leagues
- Responsible for all administrative and legal documents completed by beneficiaries, coaches and volunteers
- Do routine monitoring of program.
- Implement sport programming directly with beneficiaries when necessary
- Any other tasks requested by the Program Manager
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in International Development, Social work or related field; Master's candidates or graduates welcome to apply.
- Minimum one (1) year of international experience or work with refugees preferred
- A soccer player is preferred
- Excellent English writing abilities
- Knowledge and experience in developing new programs
- Passion for community development, youth and refugees
- Enthusiastic about creating, designing and implementing new program idea’s.