Hours per week
Approximately 10-15 hours per week; anticipated 3-month term (subject to discussion).
The Water Trust is a a small and growing international development organization that implements water, sanitation, and hygiene programs in rural Uganda (learn more at watertrust.org.) With all but one staff located in-country in Uganda, this is an excellent opportunity for a young professional looking to work remotely with flexible hours while building a portfolio as he/she plays a key role in creating and sharing multimedia content online. The ideal candidate will have strong multimedia skills (e.g., video editing), writing skills, and be a self-starter.
Work will primarily include:
- Edit videos and photos for use on web pages and social media.
- Support updating of website, social media accounts, and/or related online outreach.
- Support the assessment of quality of multimedia content from field staff, provide actionable feedback, organize content, and prioritize content for promotion in various channels.
Work may include:
- Draft and edit stories and blog posts.
- Develop social-media based press outreach.
- Support email outreach campaigns.
- Strong academic track record.
- Demonstrated skills editing and creating videos.
- Demonstrated proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop, and a video editing software.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Reliable and organized in communication and work.
- Interest in nonprofit and/or international development work.
- Bachelor's degree or current enrollment in an undergraduate program (at least 3.5 years of completed studies), with academic training and/or experience in marketing, graphic design, multimedia, or a related field.
How To Apply
Please complete the application at the link.