3255 West Altgeld Street
Family Assessment Intern
Christopher House is currently looking to hire a paid Family Assessment Intern who enjoys working with children and families, easily acquires new information and knowledge, and can juggle several activities at once.
With a mission to develop independent,creative, lifelong learners, our infant, preschool, elementary and family schools build a community of students, teachers, and parents committed to excellence, achievement and perseverance, respect and compassion, and equality of opportunity.
Christopher House partners with parents to provide a continuum of education for students from birth through high school, as well as immersive family supports that help parents create stable, self-sufficient families. We operate accredited early learning, elementary, and out of school time programs grounded in research-based curricula and high-quality instruction.
Children and families thrive when:
- Education begins at birth and continues throughout life, with parents as a child’s first teacher;
- Home environments nurture literacy, achievement, and children’s success;
- Parents have high standards and set high expectations for themselves, their children, and children’s schools;
- Professionally trained teachers know their students as individuals;
- Evaluations and program improvements are data driven;
- Parents and staff work together to continuously evaluate and improve programming;
- Education includes the development of creativity and perseverance and is multi-disciplinary in order to foster each child’s unique strengths and interests;
- Developing independent,creative, life-long researchers, education must include curriculum designed to help scholars develop socially and emotionally as well as cognitively;
- Diversity is celebrated and explored so that learners develop broad perspectives on life and learning;and
- Parents and caregivers support their children financially and emotionally.
Position Objective: 20-25 hour/ week paid internship, providing optimal support and services to families and Family Support Services staff.
Responsibilities: Engage parents in completion of family assessment and in creating goals. Maintain and analyze data to increase/improve programming and track goal progress.
Complete annual family assessments with families. Complete regular status updates. Create and track goals with participants. Complete Family to Family Holiday Program registration. Obtain and share significant family information in order to provide additional services and support (i.e. social work, mental health, budget, nutrition, etc).
Maintain, compile, and analyze collected data in order to improve programming and better serve Christopher House’s families. Recommend action plans based on findings. Report findings to management/leadership. Propose meeting and workshop ideas.
Work closely with Family Advocates and Associate Director, Social Services as to ensure services are appropriate to meet individual family goals. Work with families in a respectful, sensitive manner recognizing individual family preferences and cultural background.
Attend workshops and trainings.
Qualifications: Experience working in subsidized or publicly funded programs. Computer literate and knowledge of database programs. Accuracy and attention to detail. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work some evening and weekends required. Ability to effectively communicate with people of diverse socioeconomic and educational backgrounds. Bilingual English/Spanish required.
Education: High school diploma.
Submit Cover Letter and Resume to: email@example.com
Christopher House is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How To Apply
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org