Hours per week
District of Columbia
J Street is seeking a Capital South Regional Team Fellow to assist with J Street National Conference recruitment in the DC Metro area, local event logistics and prospect research with the Capital South regional team.
This is an ideal part time position for applicants who want to gain knowledge about the nonprofit and political fundraising world at a fast paced and highly engaged advocacy organization. Come help with fundraising, political and community events as well as recruitment for our national conference happening in April 14-17 2018.
This position will be based at J Street’s headquarters in Washington, D.C.
Exact start / end dates and hours are flexible, but we are looking for a Fellow in the first half of the year (January - June) for approximately 15-20 hours/week.
J Street is the political home for pro-Israel, pro-peace Americans fighting for the future of Israel
as the democratic homeland of the Jewish people. We believe that Israel’s Jewish and democratic character depend on a two-state solution, resulting in a Palestinian state living alongside Israel in peace and security.
Rooted in our commitment to Jewish and democratic values, J Street is redefining what it means to be pro-Israel in America. We are changing the U.S. political dynamics around Israel by mobilizing broad support for a two-state solution because it’s in Israel’s and America’s interest. And we are expanding support for Israel by affirming — along with many Israelis — that being
pro-Israel doesn’t require supporting every policy of its government.
J Street supports diplomatic solutions over military ones, including in Iran; multilateral over unilateral approaches to conflict resolution; and dialogue over confrontation with a wide range of countries and actors when conflicts do arise. For more on our policy positions, visit:
J Street advocates forcefully in the policy process, in Congress, in the media, and in the Jewish community to make sure public officials and community leaders clearly see the depth and breadth of support for our views on Middle East policy among voters and supporters in their
states and districts. We seek to complement the work of existing organizations and individuals that share our agenda. In our lobbying and advocacy efforts, we enlist individual supporters of other efforts as partners.
The J Street family of organizations includes J Street – a 501(c)(4) nonprofit which is responsible for lobbying and advocacy; JStreetPAC – a federal political action committee that endorses and raises money for federal candidates who support active American leadership to
bring peace and security to Israel and the Middle East; and the J Street Education Fund – a 501(c)(3) that aims to educate communities about the need for a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and promote open, dynamic and spirited conversation about how to
best advance the interests and future of a democratic, Jewish Israel. J Street Local, J Street’s national field program and J Street U, J Street’s campus movement are programs of the J Street Education Fund.
Planning operations and logistics for events
● Work with Regional staff to find appropriate venues for local events
● Work with vendors as needed
● Manage or assist with logistics and operations
Support conference recruitment efforts
- Ensure the success of conference recruitment by accurately maintaining our recruitment spreadsheets. Updating totals registered and removing folks who sign up from the recruitment target lists.
- Assist CapSouth team in organizing conference recruitment phonebanks by ordering food, helping train attendees of the phonebank, etc.
- Become an expert in registering people for the J Street conference by phone, and make phone calls to clergy and previous conference attendees inviting them to register for the 2018 conference
- Research and develop lists of conference recruitment targets from throughout the CapSouth region
Outreach for events
● Calling donors and leaders to gauge interest in attending events
● Assisting Regional staff with communications to leaders to boost event attendance
Desired Skills and Characteristics
The ideal candidate will be a detail oriented, creative problem solver and self starter. The
candidate must be comfortable working with multiple staff in a fast-paced, campaign-style
atmosphere, and will possess the following characteristics:
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
● Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented;
● Ability to prioritize, multitask, and manage a variety of projects and tasks;
● Some event and project planning experience;
● Proficiency in Microsoft suite experience with database management and Excel a plus;
● Eager to work collaboratively in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment;
● A strong commitment to J Street’s pro-Israel / pro-peace mission.
To Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
J Street is an equal opportunity employer
How To Apply
To Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter with "Capital South Regional Team Fellow" in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org