Hours per week
40 hours per week
At ActBlue, we build and power the premier online fundraising platform for Democratic campaigns, progressive organizations, and nonprofits working to create a better future. We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors and make giving online as easy as possible. And we work with thousands of groups -- from presidential candidates to environmental organizations to local school board members.
The most rewarding part? Our work has led to a transformation of the power structures in this country. It takes all types to make ActBlue go, from political junkies to number whizzes to designers and writers. We pride ourselves on working hard as a small team to create big change. And we’re looking for more great people to join us.
The Intern Team’s role is to serve as the front line of support to our users. Interns act as the chief brand ambassadors to ActBlue’s many thousands of donors, as well as campaign and organization users. Join us for an exciting summer as we gear up for the 2018 midterm elections and continue to expand our work in the charitable giving space!
Major responsibilities will include:
- Providing donor and campaign support
- Assisting with disbursing funds to campaigns and organizations using ActBlue every week
- Tackling special projects assigned by the Compliance, Marketing, Outreach, or Operations teams
Key qualities we’re looking for:
- Interest in electoral politics and powering Democratic candidates to victory
- Enthusiasm for using technology to bring about change
- Excellent communication skills and a passion for helping people
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Willingness to ask questions
- Solution-oriented problem solving
- Sense of humor!
ActBlue’s office is located in Davis Square in Somerville, MA, just a few blocks from Boston’s MBTA Red Line train. This is a full-time, paid internship, which includes commuter benefits. Interns over the age of 21 have the option of opting into ActBlue’s 401k program.
ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
Join us for a unique and fulfilling undergraduate internship experience! We will accept applications through Monday, April 2nd at 4 pm. No phone calls, please.
ActBlue cannot at this time sponsor work visas.