Hours per week
Up to 20 hours per week.
District of Columbia
The International Women’s Forum builds better global leadership across careers, continents and cultures by connecting the world’s most extraordinary women of significant and diverse achievement. It is a unique organization comprised of more than 6,500 dynamic women leaders in 33 countries and 74 forums around the world. There is no other organization in the world that provides exposure and access to such a broad and diverse audience of female decision-makers, while delivering cutting edge programs that explore topics impacting international progress. To learn more, please visit www.iwforum.org.
The IWF offers an internship opportunity within its production team. The intern will have the ability to acquire graphic design and video production skills and work on technology and marketing initiatives as it relates to the mission, members and global programming of IWF. The intern will report to the Vice President of Creative Services and Production.
This is an unpaid internship, which can be structured for college credit with the approval of your academic institution.
Open to college students who are visually driven and have focus in graphic design and/or video production. Expertise in social media campaign is a plus.
Responsibilities and Duties
Duties include and are not limited to:
- Media Library Digitizing and Archiving The intern will be responsible for converting the photographs and video archive of IWF’s global conferences to digital files and organizing this material in a systematic matter.
- Conference Production Research. Assisting in sourcing high quality video and photo material for the upcoming conference production.
- Social Media Campaign Development. Participate is the development of a new multi-platform social media campaign.
- Additional research related to social media, events and initiatives as related to IWF members, mission and its global initiatives
- Limited administrative support in a creative and dynamic team environment.
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience with Microsoft and Apple applications, basic photo-editing and video-editing software, and internet browsers. Experience with Photoshop and Illustrator/Adobe Suite is a plus.
- Familiarity and facility with mainstream social media platforms.
- Support of and desire to learn more about organization’s mission and its programming.
- Strong organizational skills, able to take initiative and work in collaboration to meet deadlines.
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Available to work up 20 hours per week.