Hours per week
District of Columbia
This is a "hands-on" internship for a hard-working individual eager to learn non-profit methodology and gain leadership experience. The Non-Profit Management Intern will work closely with the Executive Director and other staff to oversee the day-to-day operations of a quickly-growing global non-profit organization. This opportunity is ideal for someone who is self-directed, responsible, interested in management and demonstrates a strong interest in community building and education advocacy for women around the world.
The Non-Profit Management Intern will:
- Oversee management of community partner outreach in support of the Executive Board;
- Work with the Executive Director to manage overall internship hours, workloads, recruitment, and support for other members of the team;
- Assist the Executive Director via administrative support for Executive Board meetings, outreach events, and other executive functions;
- Oversee strategies to maintain regular communication with constituents around the world; and
- Promote events and represent The Asherah Foundation in the community.
- Be enrolled in a degree seeking program (undergraduate or graduate students preferred); recent graduates welcome
- Demonstrated experience in effectively managing many competing priorities under strict timelines
- Exceptional organizational skills and meticulous attention to details
- A very positive attitude
- Punctual and reliable
- Very proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Internal sense of urgency and initiative that promotes focus, creative thinking, and solutions
- Strong verbal and written business communications as well as proofreading and editing skills
- Strong cross-cultural skills
- Comfortable asking questions and asking for direction
Previous experience with leadership and budget management is preferred.
How To Apply
Please send résumé and brief cover letter outlining your relevant experience and interest in the position to: firstname.lastname@example.org.