Hours per week
Four months (up to six months possible)
109 Avenida Pumacahua
Avenida Ejercito 906, Cayma
As HOOP’s Social Work Assistant, you will form a key part of HOOP’s Social Work team. You will be involved in managing and assisting in HOOP’s wide-ranging social services in the community, including attending and assisting at group meetings and workshops, case work and management, networking with public institutions and back-office activities such as analysing data, writing reports and organising materials.
- Research, plan and attend community workshops.
- Attend home visits with the Social Worker.
- Always act professionally, with the utmost respect for the families we work with, and maintain professional confidentiality at all times.
- Create and implement community surveys.
- Analyze and evaluate survey data, and write up social reports.
- Assist the Social Worker by giving constructive feedback and ideas on HOOP’s Social Work programs.
- Qualification in social work (or working towards it) required.
- Experience working with vulnerable people.
- Fluent or intermediate Spanish speaker.
- Fluent in English.
- Good data analysis and statistical skills, and good knowledge of basic data analysis tools such as Microsoft Excel.
- Enjoy working both in the field as well as in the office.
- Be a reliable and punctual member of the team, while remaining flexible with your work time to meet the demands of the social work program.
- Good team-working skills.
- Empathy, understanding and cultural sensitivity.
What we offer
- One-to-one mentoring by the Social worker coordinator
- Further your practical work experience in a friendly, welcoming, and supportive environment.
- Gain experience working in social work in in the non-profit sector and learn about community issues in international development.
- Experience the case management and improve your report writing and data analysis skills.
- Gain a deeper understanding of a different culture.
- A structured personal development plan, which will be reviewed regularly throughout your placement.
- A reference upon successful completion of your placement.
Unfortunately as a very small organization we are not able to offer pay or other benefits. Interns, like our volunteers, must pay a one-off admin fee of $250. For information on what this admin fee covers, go to www.hoopperu.org/faq
Based at: HOOP Office, Avenida Pumacahua 109, Cerro Colorado, Arequipa, Peru and Flora Tristan English School, Flora Tristan, Villa Fontana, Arequipa, Peru.
How To Apply
Send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org