Hours per week
20-25 hours per week
148 West 37 Street
The Hort is looking for an organized, enthusiastic, self-starter individual who is interested in gaining experience working on Raiser’s Edge database management as well as event planning for the annual Fall Luncheon, a high profile fundraising event. This is great opportunity for the right candidate to add incredible work experience to their resume or event portfolio. 20-25 hours per work or full-time internship is also a possibility. Must be willing to work late nights on occasion and all day on event days.
The internship will run from beginning June to mid/end of August, with possibility to extend into Fall Semester. Dates are flexible.
Special Events Responsibilities:
- Provide support for Special Events planning and staffing including a full schedule of fall events
- Organize Silent Auction donations and execution for the Annual Fall Luncheon in October 2017
- Assist with Special Events communication and outreach
- Aid in coordination of event logistics and vendor management
- Help with creation of event marketing materials, emails and social media content
- Assist with invitation mailings, list management and coordination with committee members
- Undertake large scale database record clean-up project throughout the summer
- Enter new and update donor contacts into donor database
- Maintenance of donor giving files
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, skills are required
- Interest in fundraising and events required
- Experience with Raisers Edge is a plus
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Interest in event planning, galas, horticulture, urban gardening, community outreach and family programs preferred
Academic credit is encouraged and can be arranged with the intern’s college or university. Successful candidates will be offered a written reference upon completion of the internship
A monthly MetroCard will be provided.
How To Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter in PDF form to Caroline Udelhofen (firstname.lastname@example.org). All applications must include " Development Internship" in subject line.