$13 per hour
520 8th Avenue
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN THROUGH THIS INTERNSHIP?
Over the 10 weeks of the internship, the Research Intern will be tasked with projects related to prospecting and research to help members of the department sort existing and identify new corporate, foundation, and individual supporters for future appeals, cultivation events, proposal solicitations, etc. The intern will design a final, tiered prospect list that is actionable and contains specific data and points of contact.
This internship will prepare you for working in the development/NGO sector, by giving you an understanding of working with different types of donors, in a fast-paced environment, and learning various approaches to reach potential funders.
By the conclusion of the internship, you will have entry-level skills for a role in development including Raiser’s Edge training, an understanding of fundraising practices for global health organizations, and ways to prospect, connect and manage relationships with donors.
The indicators of success for having achieved the learning objective will be:
· Adeptness and familiarity with the day-to-day functions of a development department in a dynamic and globally minded NGO.
·Yielding quality and tangible results for prospects in all streams of development (Individuals, Corporate, and Foundations), along with the ability to grow and recognize compatibility between Orbis and potential supporters.
·Understanding how donor information is logged, managed, and utilized in a manner that meets or exceeds Orbis’s standards in order to engage base to the fullest extent.
ACTIVITIES, TASKS, PROJECTS YOU WILL DO TO ATTAIN THE LEARNING OBJECTIVE:
· Research and recommend an appropriate application to track restricted gifts for Global Development Team
· Prospect research for projects supporting each segment of the development team
· Identify digital brand ambassadors for future fundraising and awareness campaigns
· Aggregate and analyze bequest data to project annual income from planned giving program.
· Assist team with stewardship, solicitation, and acknowledgement mailings
LEARNING SUPERVISOR & RELATIONSHIPS
With guidance, oversight, and instructions from Directors and CDO, the Donor Care Associate will supervise the intern and oversee your learning during the course of the internship. Learning Supervisor responsibilities may defer to other members of the development team as appropriate.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
· Currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or graduate program
· Related experience derived from prior internships, coursework, or extracurricular activities
SKILLS & ABILITIES
·Knowledge of CRM systems such as the Raiser’s Edge and fundraising research tools (Relationship Science, Foundation Center, Research Point, etc.) desired
·Online giving platform experience such as Facebook fundraising and Classy
·Willingness to learn new platforms and digital resources as needed
Orbis is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a global organization, we welcome qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds and cultures who reflect the five Orbis values of Accountability, Caring, Commitment, Trust, and Excellence.