Hours per week
Minimum 3 month Commitment, Weekly hours flexible 20-40hrs
Escuela Proyecto La Esperanza
1a Avenida #25A Colonia La Asunción
Organization: The Education for the Children Foundation (EFTC), The School of Hope
Where: Jocotenango, Sacatepequez, Guatemala
Here at The School of Hope in Jocotenango, Guatemala, we work hard to provide our students with access to education and experiences they would not otherwise be able to access. We work with not only our students but also their families to break the cycle of poverty through education and empowerment. We take a holistic approach and provide not only education but also nutritional support, health care and social support.
- Either a Technology focused qualification or extensive experience in the Technology Field
- Experience in Linux Distribution
- Conversational Spanish (willingness to learn will help with adapting to workplace culture)
- Self-motivated, hardworking, and flexible attitude
About the job
The Technology Department Development Intern would be working under the Head of the I.T. Department. They would be responsible for assisting in providing technological assistance to the 55 employees based at the School of Hope and Education for the Children Foundation in Guatemala.
The main part of this internship would be assisting in creating a program and introductory curriculum to start running Technology clubs with EFTC´s Raspberry Pi´s, these are small, low cost computers targeted specifically at teaching computer science and engineering to the younger generation.
- Improving Technology Literacy in both students and employees at the School of Hope.
- Developing the programs and plans needed for the Department to sustainably run student Technology clubs in the future.
- Keep a high level of Technology support available to staff
- Continued support from the Volunteer Coordinator throughout the duration of the position
- Assistance in organizing a homestay and transportation from the airport
- The opportunity to work in an international, multi-cultural environment
- The opportunity to collaborate in the development of an organization working for the benefit of Guatemalan children
- Letters of Recommendation
How To Apply
Send your CV and a cover letter detailing your interest in the available internship to
firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com