Founded in 1994, Outward Bound Costa Rica inspires a lifetime of leadership, growth and a commitment to serve though adventure-based learning to international and Costa Rican students. Participants on our courses include high school and college-age students and Girl Scouts from diverse international backgrounds. Additionally, we offer Custom Courses for groups of adults, classes, girl scout troops, social/business groups and families. Courses last between 1-85 days. OBCR currently seeks a PR, Media & Logistics Intern to join its Communications Team during the organization’s busy high season.
Our Communications team works to increase course participation across all target audiences and ensure excellent customer service—from prospective students, to families of students currently on course, to alumni and partners.
This position requires relocating to Costa Rica for the contract period.
To intern at Outward Bound Costa Rica, you don’t have to be an expert in outdoor adventure or Costa Rica—in fact, we love people who are curious and eager to learn and we are happy to help you grow. But, we do look for driven individuals who are not afraid to jump right in.
Forget about delivering coffee and writing posts that never see the light of day. You will directly supporting our Senior Media & Marketing Manager in writing, editing, and pitching content for blog posts, emails, social media, press releases, and more. Interns will develop a substantial portfolio of published writing samples and gain valuable PR experience.
The months of June to August is our organization’s high season, during which approximately 200 students travel to and from Costa Rica to participate in our courses ranging from 1 to 8 weeks. In addition to your PR and media responsibilities, we are looking for someone who is willing to jump in and manage student logistics, which includes airport runs, participant evaluations, and other administrative tasks. You’ll be supporting the entire organization, marketing team and report to our Senior Media & Marketing Manager and Director of Marketing & Communications.
At our rainforest base, your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
· Overseeing student arrivals and departures at the airport during high season.
· Interviewing students on camera and off camera for quotes.
· Crafting copy and collecting content for blog posts, marketing emails, press articles and releases, and other marketing materials as needed.
· Researching media contacts and sending out press releases.
· Creating social media content and maintaining OBCR’s social media calendar.
· Supporting team managers with enrollment duties, including responding to inquiries, maintaining the participant checklist, and processing participant evaluations.
The ideal candidate must possess:
· Strong PR and copywriting skills with a portfolio of demonstrated work
· Expertise in writing, proofreading and grammar
· Spanish speaking skills
· Cultural sensitivity
· Excellent time management skills and demonstrated attention to detail
· Eagerness to learn and resourcefulness
· A demonstrated interest in education and/or study abroad program
· A positive attitude and a sense of humor
Outward Bound Costa Rica does not provide laptops or computer software, and you would be responsible for bringing your own equipment with you. This would include a laptop (preferably Mac) with Adobe Creative Suite products (InDesign, Illustrator, and Lightroom).
· Monthly stipend covering basic costs such as food and local transportation
· Room or dorm room and shared kitchen on our main base (located SE of San Jose in San Ramon de Tres Rios) – all utilities included (water, electricity, wireless internet, laundry facility)
· Travelers insurance – visit WorldNomads.com for more information on their “Explorer Plan” coverage
· Access to approved Outward Bound Costa Rica course activities & equipment for personal use
· Use of Manuel Antonio beach base when not working & when approved by the Program Director and Director of Marketing & Communications
NOTE: Airfare to and from Costa Rica is NOT included.
The contract period is June through August 2022. Actual dates of arrival and departure will be agreed upon at contract signing.
Applications will accepted on a rolling basis until November 30, 2021.
Founded in 1994, Outward Bound Costa Rica inspires a lifetime of leadership, growth and a commitment to serve though adventure-based learning to international and Costa Rican students. Participants on our courses include high school and…
Submit cover letter, resume, and samples of your creative work to Helen Kidwell, Senior Media & Marketing Manager, at email@example.com. Specify “PR, Media & Logistics Intern Application” in the subject line. Be sure to include details on your availability for ultimate start date, as well as how you heard about this job opportunity. No phone calls please. Applications are due as soon as possible for immediate review, but no later than November 30, 2021.
Submit cover letter, resume, and samples of your creative work to Helen Kidwell, Senior Media & Marketing Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Specify “PR, Media &…