Community Health Training Institute Community Engagement and Coalition Outreach Intern
- Internship posted by Health Resources in Action, Inc.
2 Boylston Street
We are searching for an undergraduate junior or senior majoring in communications, community development, or health studies with an interest in public health and non-profit work. The position affords the chance to work collaboratively with a range of staff and attend community health trainings as they come up. The position requires a minimum commitment of 15 hours per week that can be split over three to four days (we can remain flexible).
CHTI is searching for a Community Engagement and Coalition Outreach Intern to be responsible for the Coalition Roster Project, which includes updating information regarding the coalitions we engage in our online database, identifying coalitions we have not engaged yet, and assist with communication efforts to engage more communities. The intern will work closely with the CHTI Coordinator for implementing an outreach strategy.
This is an excellent opportunity for an undergraduate junior or senior majoring in communications, community development, or health studies with an interest in public health and non-profit work. The position affords the chance to work collaboratively with a range of staff and attend community health trainings as they come up. The Coalitions intern will report directly to the Project Manager. The position requires a minimum commitment of 15 hours per week that can be split over three to four days (we can remain flexible).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Outreach to community groups and members
- Update our coalition database
- Support web updates
- Find content for our monthly newsletters (e.g. grant opportunities, etc.)
- Prepare materials for trainings
- Compile and record evaluation forms from trainings
- Transcribe meeting and training notes (where applicable)
- Support team members in project activities
- Interest in and commitment to community health and providing capacity building for statewide community health coalitions that focus on various topics (e.g. healthy eating, tobacco prevention, substance abuse, etc.).
- Some experience in community organizing or outreach preferred.
- Organized, detail oriented, and able to meet deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, comfort speaking on the phone and in person to community members and agency partners.
- Experience in or strong interest in event planning and coordination and logistical support.
- Able to manage several tasks and situations simultaneously.
- High level of professionalism, self-motivation and a demonstrated ability to commit and follow through on projects.
- Interest in working in a team and capacity to also work independently.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Strong preference or experience working with Joomla, Constant Contact and Survey Monkey (or willingness to learn).
- Experience working in diverse and multi-cultural settings preferred.
- Attend public health trainings.
- Ongoing supervision and support provided.
- Opportunity to network with public health and non-profit professionals.
- Gain knowledge and experience in training, event and project management.
- Work with a friendly and knowledgeable team of professionals.
- Minimum of 15hrs per week.
- We welcome interns all year round.
- We are seeking interns available during regular business hours (generally between 9-5pm, Monday through Friday, excluding Holidays).
- The schedule will be determined along with the intern.
How To Apply
Diversity in organizational practices is a core value of Health Resources in Action resulting in culturally competent services, materials, resources, and programs. Our hiring and business practices appreciate the strengths offered through different backgrounds.
To apply, submit your resume and a brief cover letter.