Hours per week
20-30 hours per week
1317 F St. NW, Suite 400
The Policy Intern position will provide the right individual with an opportunity to gain significant hands-on experience in legislative and policy analysis and government relations, grassroots outreach and administrative support. The Policy Intern will gain unique insight into the strategic and programmatic components necessary for a small organization to effect positive political change as well as develop a critical understanding of how the policies of the United States and other donor governments and agencies affect the health and lives of women and girls worldwide.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work with CHANGE’s Policy and Partnerships Associate in implementing education and outreach activities
· Assist the Policy Analyst with research, maintaining congressional contacts and organizing events on the Hill
· Help maintain the organization’s databases
· Attend and report on community and Hill meetings and briefings
· Support research efforts by assisting in the management and collection of relevant data
· Provide administrative support for the organization, such as answering phones and general reception
· Other duties as assigned
· Pursuing or possessing a BA or BS
· Excellent written and oral communications skills
· Strong critical thinking and analysis abilities
· Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel
· Ability to multitask and organize various projects
· Background or demonstrated interest in women’s rights, reproductive and sexual health and rights, human rights and/or public health
· Commitment to CHANGE’s mission and high standards of performance
Salary and benefits: This is a paid internship; no benefits.
Dates: The dates of this internship will be jointly determined by the intern and CHANGE staff, usually beginning in June 2018 and ending in August 2018. Summer interns usually work 25-30 hours per week.
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter including a summary of relevant past experience and qualifications for and interest in this position and current résumé. Email applications should be sent to email@example.com (Please put “Policy Intern Summer 2018” in the subject line). Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please!