Hours per week
War Child works with war-affected communities in Africa, Asia and the Middle East to help children reclaim their childhood and families escape the cycles of violence and poverty through access to education, economic opportunity and justice. War Child takes an active role in raising public awareness around the impact of war on communities and the shared responsibility to act.
The Social and Digital Media Intern will play an active role in growing War Child’s online presence with the overall goal of reaching a broader audience and making an even bigger impact on the ground.
- Producing daily social media content
- Developing twitter lists
- Identifying key influencers to engage with across our channels
- Managing Social Media analytics
- Designing graphics for weekly Social Media posts
- Researching new Social Media tools
- Monitoring & reporting online news updates concerning the organization's key interests
- Regularly researching new and innovative ways to leverage Social Media for fundraising purposes
- Coordinating and creating content - visual and copy - for e-newsletter & other digital communications
- Experience managing Social Media Accounts
- Creative self-starter who is comfortable taking initiative
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with basic photo editing software
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Ability to work remotely
- Enthusiastic about learning about the issues surrounding childhood protection in times of war
- Experience with MailChimp, Wordpress and/or html is a plus, but not required
- Previous non-profit experience preferred
How To Apply
Send your resume and cover letter with subject line "Social and Digital Media Internship" to Emma@WarChildUSA.org!