400 travel stipend/ month
Hours per week
15-20 hours/ week
350 7th Avenue
Open Primaries is seeking a Digital Communications Intern to assist with our communications, social media, and graphic design efforts to further engage and grow our supporter base. The ideal candidate will be a well-organized, highly motivated college or graduate student who is eager to gain hands-on digital experience at a nonprofit dedicated to political reform. This internship is a part-time position with a 15-20 hour/week commitment to start mid-to-late May 2018. The intern help the Digital Manager implement several upcoming campaigns and assist with other duties as needed. A $400 monthly travel stipend will be provided.
About Open Primaries:
Open Primaries represents a movement of Americans working to end partisanship and polarization in politics through reform of the primary election system. We advocate for open, nonpartisan primary systems, counter efforts to impose closed primaries and build coalitions of activists across the country. Our mission is to bridge the gap between the American people and government by creating more platforms for voters’ voices to be heard.
- Monitor news coverage to track mentions and curate relevant content;
- Design infographics and marketing materials as needed;
- Help draft copy for social media, blog posts, fundraising appeals, and advocacy campaigns;
- Assist in the production of video, audio, and other media;
- Coordinate with supporters, activists, and media outlets;
- Assist the Digital Manager with general office duties and logistical support.
- Currently enrolled college/graduate student, preferably studying communications/media or political science;
- Strong interest in digital media, grassroots political campaigns, and voting rights issues;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Experience with digital platforms such as Sprout Social, Nation Builder, and WordPress;
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop;
- Proficiency in MS Office and Google Drive;
- Excellent sense of responsibility and attention to detail;
- Knowledge of HTML / CSS a plus;
- Experience in video editing a plus.
How To Apply
Please send a resume, cover letter, and 2-3 short writing, design, or social media samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your availability and potential start date in the email.