Program Officer and Organizational Coordinator
- Internship posted by States United to Prevent Gun Violence
Hours per week
20-30 Hours per week, depending on project
*This position is completely remote and unpaid until at least June*
• Reports to: National Director
• Staff reporting to this position: None
• Department: All
• Term: 6 months with possibility of extension
States United has an immediate opening for a Program Officer and Organizational Coordinator to support the National Director. The Program Officer and Organizational Coordinator assists the National Director, helping with scheduling, event coordination, and research support as needed. This position calls for a highly organized, detail-oriented, and responsible self-starter whom staff can rely on to work independently and deliver high-quality administrative and research support.
• Schedule appointments, meetings, and conferences as needed.
• Provide logistical support for State Affiliate and Board meetings, public events, and conferences.
• Research and maintain records of SUPGV press coverage.
• Create, organize, and maintain accurate written and electronic files, including Google Drive and Salsa databases.
• Coordinate staff travel.
• Maintain on-going records of grant metrics and evaluation standards.
• Build communications tools like templates and toolkits.
• Draft essential communications to the public, supporters and donors using consistent messaging.
• Analyze incoming communications and sort them into internal department.
• Provide research support as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and qualifications:
• Highly organized and detail-oriented.
• Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
• Superb research and writing ability.
• Ability to plan ahead, set priorities, and multitask.
• Willingness to take independent ownership and initiative in relation to the team’s overall administrative organization and to seek direction as needed.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs, forms and Calendar.
• Demonstrated interest in gun violence prevention policy issues
We are a small and fast paced non profit working in 32 states and DC. All team members may have access to executive tasks as their abilities and interests dictate. With such a lean organization, you can learn more about running a national advocacy non profit than you can with larger organizations.
THIS POSITION IS COMPLETELY REMOTE
How To Apply
Please include a short cover letter, resume and 1-2 writing samples. These can be newsletters or other communications you've prepared by yourself.