Hours per week
Special Olympics Chicago's mission is to provide year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities, giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families, other Special Olympics athletes and the community. a community atmosphere and a place for you to challenge yourself.
Special Olympics Chicago is looking for a Social Media Intern to assist our team with marketing and branding our programs and events.
- Creating content for all social media channels.
- Maintaining and growing our social media audience.
- Interacting with the social media audience to increase engagement.
- Posting updates to keep current with agency updates.
- Assist with general administrative and PR support, newsletters, and media outreach via traditional media and social media.
- Assist in the promotion of events and programs via news releases and social media.
- Assist in maintaining our website.
- Assist with building target lists, monitoring, and creating marketing plans for events and programs.
- Must have completed at least four semesters of college or community college courses.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Physical mobility required: must be able to climb stairs, assist in set-up and breakdown at events, stand and/or sit for long periods of time, lift items weighing up to 25 pounds, climb stairs to move equipment and load and unload vehicles.
- Extensive computer knowledge with Microsoft operating system and Microsoft applications
- Ability to commute within Chicago city limits and commit at least 16 hours a week in our downtown office.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and collaborate effectively as a team member.
- Able to communicate at all levels with internal/external clients by phone, email and in person.
- A positive attitude with good organizational and people skills.
- Able to multi-task.
- Reliable and detail-oriented.
How To Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject headline: Spring 2019 Business Development Internship