99 M Street Southeast
District of Columbia
PYXERA Global is looking for an Accounting Assistant Intern to work 24-32 hours per week, in the Accounting Department of our Washington, DC office. PYXERA Global, a U.S. based nonprofit global engagement organization, creates on-the-ground partnerships between the public, private, and social sectors that leverage the strengths in each to create shared value and innovative solutions to address complex social challenges. PYXERA Global’s signature initiatives include global pro bono programs, local content development, and integrated community development efforts that enrich lives and livelihoods, inclusively and sustainably.
For more information on PYXERA Global, please visit our website at www.PYXERAglobal.org.
The Accounting Assistant Intern will be supporting the Accounting Department on various activities. This position is ideal for someone who has large open blocks in their schedule and is looking to gain Accounting experience. Duties include, but may not be limited to, the following:
1. Maintain vendor, program and consultant files.
2. Assist with verification and reconciliation of expense reports.
3. Perform monthly credit card reconciliation.
4. Assist with monthly closing duties.
5. Assist with sorting and reviewing procurement documents.
6. Maintain the Accounting SharePoint site – update and upload forms and documents.
7. Administrative duties—scanning, printing, organizing, bank deposits, sending payment confirmations, retrieving documents as needed.
8. Other duties as assigned by members of the Accounting team.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
1. Student who has taken Accounting/Finance courses.
2. Extremely detail oriented.
3. Organized and able to multi task.
4. Able to learn new tasks quickly and perform them thoroughly and efficiently.
5. Able to listen and take direction.
6. Able to work at least 3 days per week, 24-32 hours.
7. Must be authorized to work in the United States. PYXERA Global cannot sponsor applicants.
Please send your resume and cover letter to opportunities@PYXERAglobal.org with the subject line “Accounting Assistant Internship Job Application.” Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
This position will begin late October/early November 2018