Hours per week
One or two semesters
One Pierrepont Plaza - Suite 901
About Graham Windham
In full partnership with families & communities, Graham Windham strives to make a life-altering difference to children, youth and families affected by abuse, neglect and delinquency by providing each child we serve with a strong foundation for life: a safe, loving, permanent family and the opportunity and preparation to thrive in school and in the world. With over 600 full-time employees serving children and families in multiple programs throughout Westchester County, Manhattan, the Bronx, Brooklyn and Harlem, Graham Windham provides an exciting & enriching work experience.
Graham Windham is one of the first organizations in the New York City to implement Solution-Based Casework (SBC). Solution -Based Casework helps children and families to be the solution to the seemingly insurmountable problems in their lives, from generational cycles of poverty, abuse, and neglect to unemployment, domestic violence, and severe health problems. By recognizing and reinforcing their innate strengths and ability to cope, we at Graham Windham empower them to take the lead in making change in their lives.
About the Human Resources Department
The Human Resources' department manages the Recruitment, Hiring, Compensation & Benefits and other service needs for the 700+ personnel who comprise its workforce. The department's staff and managers focus on data-driven strategies to advance its goals of excellent customer service and of supporting broader organizational goals of workforce and service excellence.
About the Internship Opportunity
We seek a undergradate or graduate level intern interested in acquiring hands-on experience in human resources management and/or workforce development. The intern will assist with the execution of several projects connected to the organization's business operations, recruitment, selection, workforce-related data management and orientation strategies.
These projects will span the following areas:
- HR Invoice tracking
- Employee Benefits' Administration
- Recruitment & Selection
- Standardized Hiring Practices
- On-boarding and Workforce Development
- HRIS, Training and Electronic Timekeeping Database Management
- Data Management and Analysis of Workforce Trends
- Partnering with HR Business Operations and Accounts Payable on tracking invoices
- Assist with worker's compensation and disability claims
- Support maintenance of our Electronic Timekeeping system as needed.
- Generate regular reports on areas including but not limited to recruitment sourcing, turnover, retention and other workforce trends.
- Support continued improvements to our Competency-based screening and interview tools.
- Issue periodic recommendations on improvements to our practices.
- B.A./B.S. degree from an accredited college or university.
- Pursuing a Masters in Human Resources, Industrial-Organizational Psychology or a closely related discipline from an accredited college or university.
- Demonstrated possession of the following key competencies:
Unpaid Internship. Academic Credits could be granted.
How To Apply
Please click on link below to apply: