Education Graduate Fellow
- Internship posted by Foundations and Donors Interested in Catholic Activities, Inc.
Pay rate: $18-25/hour commensurate with experience
Hours per week
We expect a time commitment of 15-20 hours a week, and are happy to work with the individual’s particular schedule and needs.
4201 Connecticut Avenue NW
FADICA, an association of Catholic foundations and donors, seeks an ambitious graduate student who is passionate about education to join our team.
FADICA has embarked on an exciting national project that has the potential to significantly impact thousands of Catholic schools in the U.S. We are seeking an organized, intellectually curious, systematic thinker to help FADICA launch and manage the project. Across the country, Catholic schools are closing due to decreased enrollment, rising costs, and a number of other factors. FADICA recently conducted national market research on parents’ perceptions of Catholic education. The next phase of the project will focus on organizing the findings and creating an accessible report, along with marketing tools, to deliver the data to key Catholic school stakeholders. The project ultimately aims to support Catholic school leaders in their efforts to create data-driven strategies for attracting new families, increasing enrollment, and improving school quality.
This position provides an exciting opportunity to work with multiple partners in Catholic education and philanthropy, manage a project from start to finish, and support Catholic schools nationwide. The duties include coordinating with communications/marketing vendors, event planning, writing briefs, providing expertise and strategic ideas, communicating with key donors and project advisors, and project management.
The Graduate Fellow will receive hands-on experience and individualized mentorship and training from the director of Catholic education philanthropy. FADICA will also provide opportunities for professional development, workshops, and professional networking.
• Currently enrolled in graduate studies in education, communications, or business marketing; ideal candidate is studying educational administration and leadership
• Work experience in Catholic education or education generally (e.g., teaching, student teaching, administration, educational nonprofit)
• Experience and proficiency in managing projects with various types of tasks and involving multiple, diverse stakeholders
• Maturity in the workplace and business communication skills
• Works well in teams as well as independently
• Ability to gather information and present it in a clear, cohesive format (strong research and writing skills)
• Candidate must be detail-oriented, a self-starter, and have the ability to multi-task
• Knowledge of and comfort with various social media platforms
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Knowledge or interest in Catholic initiatives and the Catholic Church, or particular interest in Catholic education
Timing and Location: The ideal candidate would be available for an 8-12 months period, starting in May 2018, with the possibility of extending into 2019.
Located in Washington, D.C. near the Van Ness/UDC Red Line metro stop.
How To Apply
Submit resume via email to Lauren Traskey at email@example.com with the subject: "Catholic Education Fellow." In your email, please include a brief summary of your qualifications and professional interests, and why you are interested in the position.