2101 L St., NW
The Resilience Strategy Intern will provide valuable assistance to USGBC by helping to compile and organize the organization’s multifaceted work on building and community resilience, including: supporting the development of a guide to resilience planning and sustainable recovery for state governments, supporting the curation of a new resilience-focused section of USGBC’s web page, building a dashboard of resilience projects and initiatives, researching state and local government policies relating to resilient building practice, supporting outreach to government networks on resilience activities, supporting resilience policy-focused events, authoring articles, developing policy materials in support of LEED and other USGBC programs, and providing general support to the advocacy and policy efforts of USGBC’s Advocacy & Policy Team.
Successful candidates will be able to work well independently and collaboratively in teams.
The position is an unpaid internship, part or full time. Internships are for educational purposes and interns are expected to obtain academic credit or be paid through their school or other entity.
We are currently seeking applicants for Summer 2018.
This position is based in our Washington, D.C. office.
The intern will receive appropriate guidance and training, and with supervision will take on responsibilities which may include:
- Conducting web-based and phone research to support advocacy outreach to state and local government contacts
- Identifying key contacts, and participating in outreach to allies and stakeholders
- Tracking bills and policies using data systems and data bases
- Assisting in team-wide projects and events focused on resilient cities and communities
- Supporting advocacy projects through such tasks as analyzing proposed bills, drafting letters and position papers, drafting fact sheets and other collateral
- Writing blogs and articles relevant to assignments
- Knowledge of how a bill becomes a law, with focus on the state and local levels
- Experience in governmental affairs or operations preferred
- Commitment to USGBC’s mission
- Excellent analytical and writing skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills and software
- Previous work experience in team/office setting preferred
Education & training requirements/preferences
- Currently enrolled student or recent graduation from undergraduate or graduate program of study
- Major or specialization in public policy, government, environmental studies, sustainability, building sciences, business, nonprofit management, public health, law, or relevant fields
- Knowledge of LEED green building rating system preferred
How To Apply
Please email email@example.com or fax your resume and a letter of interest.
- Note the title of the position you are applying for.
- Submit files as PDFs or Word documents.
- Fax: 202-315-3949.
- No phone calls, please.