Hours per week
8 to 10 hours a week for up to 12 weeks
719 1/2 e. 23rd st.
The HIV Community Planning Council (HCPC) will be undertaking a data collection project focusing on HIV positive individuals who are active or former substance users within the San Francisco Eligible Metropolitan Area (EMA), with the objective of a better understanding of patterns in service utilization and barriers to care within this demographic. Our goal is to address the healthcare outcome disparity that has been observed within this community. The timeframe of this internship will likely run from May through August, though this is could be somewhat flexible.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Aiding in developing a survey tool tailored to the target population.
· Developing recruitment strategies with HCPC staff and community partners.
· Conducting one on one interviews with participating members of the target community.
· Helping to facilitate larger focus groups.
· Data collection, synthesis, and analysis.
· Administrative support as needed.
· The ability to work independently.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent organizational and multitasking skills, attention to detail, and follow-through.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Comfort with working in diverse communities.
· Ability to handle confidential information and projects with professionalism and discretion.
· Experience with qualitative data collection, interviewing, and group facilitation recommended.
· This is not a remote working internship. In order to be considered,
applicants must be in the San Francisco Bay Area for the months of June – August.
A $1000 stipend will be provided contingent upon a 3 month commitment.
How To Apply
If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume/CV, cover letter, and writing sample as soon as possible.