Social Media & Outreach Intern, Job Description
- Internship posted by Eleanor Roosevelt Center at Val-Kill
Hours per week
10 hours per week
106 Val-Kill Park Road
PO Box 255
The Social Media & Outreach Intern helps the organization maintain a positive public image, and increases brand awareness through regular media outreach. The successful candidate will work to draft collateral material and maintain ERVK’s various social media platforms –i.e. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram etc. In addition, the Social Media & Outreach Intern may be asked to take part in recruitment and publicity activities on behalf of the GLW and would work closely with the Program Coordinator on program outreach efforts.
- Maintain social media presence across ERVK’s various platforms – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Stay up to date on current digital, social media and holistic education trends; support social media efforts and track media placement.
- Research publications, journalists, coverage of current events, and editorial calendars.
- Draft written materials such as press releases/media advisories, and media kit materials.
- Disseminate approved press releases via wire services, and follow-up with target journalists by phone to solicit media coverage and generate interview opportunities (i.e. pitch media under the direction of the Program Coordinator).
- Conference/event preparation: assist in conference/press event preparation and planning press logistics.
- Assist in recruitment of applicants to GLW.
- Provide administrative support to Program Manager; maintaining a small supply of media kits at all times.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong interest in Human Rights / Social Justice and the empowerment of young leaders.
- A working knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Pleasant personality and professional demeanor with exceptional verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to take initiative and exercise good judgment.
- Must be confident, self-motivated, detail-oriented, have the ability to handle multiple tasks at once and prioritize work to and meet expected deadlines – a “can do” attitude will fit best at ERVK!
How To Apply
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Delphi Cleaveland, Special Programs Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
ERVK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, national origin, ethnic, background, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.