P.O. Box 3220
Church Street Station
Day One partners with New York City youth to end dating abuse and intimate partner violence through community education, counseling, legal advocacy and youth leadership development. We use an empowerment model that invests young people in maintaining safe relationships for themselves and their peers.
Day One is seeking an undergraduate or graduate student, or a community member, to participate in a part-time, unpaid Social Media & Communications Intern opportunity from September - December 2018.
The intern's primary responsibilities are:
- Maintain the organizations' primary social networking sites - Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Search for relevant articles about domestic violence, sexual assault, dating abuse and other issues facing young people.
- Research new statistics and studies and infographics related to dating violence
- Promote upcoming Day One events.
- Create graphics and images for social media.
- Draft and design content tailored to each social media platform, and schedule all social updates a week in advance
- Support other development (fundraising) and communications efforts as they arise.
Experience in graphic design prioritized (especially with Canva).
We are happy to assist in obtaining school credit if requested.