2318 Mill Road
Are you interested in making a world of difference in cancer care?
Cancer strikes more than 10 million people worldwide each year. As the leading medical society representing doctors who care for people with cancer, the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) is committed to conquering cancer through research, education, and promotion of the highest quality patient care.
Who we are:
ASCO is a stable, forward-thinking membership organization that operates in a results-oriented work environment in which employees’ evaluation emphasizes performance outcomes over presence or time. This is an Alexandria, VA based internship. To learn what it’s like to work at ASCO, click here.
We are looking for a highly motivated Membership Development Intern to provide support for our Member Services department, which currently serves ASCO’s nearly 45,000 members. The intern will play an integral role in advancing member personalization and supporting membership growth through research projects and analysis. The goal of the internship is to gain exposure to association management principles and enhance research and analysis skills.
Internship Activities Include:
- Conducting research on several topics including but not limited to:
- Market penetration to support membership growth strategies and goals
- Membership engagement and analysis
- Volunteer initiatives, domestic and international
- Providing support with other projects as assigned
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate BA/BS degree program or graduate program, or recently graduated from a 4-year degree program in Business, Non-Profit Management or a related field
- Keen knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently on research projects
- Ability to manage workload effectively including planning, organizing, prioritizing, and meeting deadlines
ASCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Duration: 10 weeks during Spring 2019. Start and end dates to be customized based on successful candidate’s class schedules. This internship is approximately 25 hours per week with flexibility.
Compensation: This spring internship position is paid. Additionally, ASCO will provide parking or a metro subsidy to the successful candidate.
Other: Candidates should reside in the D.C. metro area or be able to relocate at their own expense.
To apply for this internship, please submit your resume and a cover letter.