Hours per week
Full time for 10 weeks
Inspire Fellows serve as assistant counselors for Y.O.U.'s 9-week summer program for elementary and middle school students. Fellows are chosen to assist in facilitating specific workshops in areas such as the arts, project based learning, recreational activities, healthy relationships, and sexuality education.
The Fellowship runs full time for 10 weeks, from June – August 2018. The first week offers Fellows a comprehensive orientation and training on Y.O.U. and positive youth development. The next nine weeks consist of high-impact summer programming. Program hours are 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday - Friday.
Primary responsibilities of Inspire Fellows include:
- Assist lead facilitators during youth activities in areas that promote academic, social, and emotional development.
- Supervise youth activities in a safe, sensitive, developmentally appropriate, positive manner.
- Maintain positive, supportive relationships with youth.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with supervisors, coworkers, and volunteers within Y.O.U., and with others in the community who offer information about, resources for, or services to young people in Evanston.
- Maintain timely and accurate records concerning youth participation and outcomes as needed.
The Inspire Fellow should have the following qualifications:
- Experience in and passion for youth services or summer camps.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with a diverse group of youth and team members.
- Extraordinary teamwork and leadership skills
- Passion for Y.O.U.'s mission of ensuring that all youth have the resources they need to thrive
- Personal qualities of integrity and credibility
- Be actively seeking or have already obtained an undergraduate or graduate degree. High school seniors and recent graduates are also strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants must be local to the Chicagoland area and have reasonable transportation to Evanston, Skokie, and Morton Grove, IL in order to be considered. The Fellowship offers a stipend. (Y.O.U. is also glad to provide documentation to any students who receive support from their universities for summer employment with a non-profit organization).
How To Apply
Click here to fill out online application form. Openings will be filled on a rolling basis. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. *Please no phone calls.