- Internship posted by National Association for Family, School and Community Engagement
Hours per week
10-15 hours per week
601 King Street
The Internship Program at the National Association for Family, School and Community Engagement (NAFSCE) provides talented students and recent graduates with a training opportunity designed to encourage professional and personal development. We encourage out-of-the-box thinking and value fresh perspectives.
Roles and Responsibilities
Research articles for NAFSCE News, our twice-monthly newsletter; write draft blog posts; conduct interviews for newsletter pieces.
Develop dynamic content for social media channels and NAFSCE website.
Compile analytics for NAFSCE communication vehicles.
Conduct outreach to NAFSCE members, member prospects, and past event attendees to promote NAFSCE membership, events, and activities.
Encourage member engagement through online community building and other outreach.
Participate in a variety of research projects to inform upcoming programming and policy initiatives.
Identify innovative programming and research to be featured on NAFSCE’s website, in its Resource Library, and through its webinars.
Help maintain our Resource Library through online research and spreadsheet maintenance.
Research and present grant opportunities using the Grant Station research tool.
Audio/Visual and Design
Interns with design backgrounds may assist in the creation of program books and fliers for NAFSCE events, as well as content for ‘NAFSCE’s website.
· Student enrolled in a graduate or undergraduate degree program or a recent graduate
· Strong writing skills, excellent communication abilities, and attention to detail
· Willingness to learn about non-profit work
· PC and MAC literate (MS Office, Excel, Gmail, Google Docs, etc); Internet-research savvy
· Team player, highly motivated, flexible, and able to efficiently handle multiple tasks.
10 to 15 hours per week; 10-week commitment with opportunity for extension
Start date: flexible
How to Apply
If you are interested in an internship opportunity with NAFSCE, please send a resume, cover letter, and contact information for two references to email@example.com.