The Children's Movement of Florida: Summer 2018 Internship
- Internship posted by The Children's Movement of Florida
Hours per week
20 - 40 hours per week, mid-May through mid-August preferred
3250 SW 3rd Ave
The Children’s Movement of Florida is looking for a student to serve as a Summer Intern. They will be based at the headquarters in Miami, Florida and report to the Chief of Staff. They will assist in daily activities and, with guidance from staff, support in various projects during their time at the Children’s Movement of Florida.
- Work on assigned projects by the Outreach and Engagement, Development, and Communications Departments to be completed during internship
- Conduct research on early childhood policy, advocacy and related issues
- Attend and report on Board of Advisors meetings across the state, as well as community meetings and events
- Assist in planning and executing outreach events
- Provide administrative support in the office as needed and help maintain database
- Attend legislative engagement meetings and events
- Demonstrated interest in early childhood policy and advocacy in the state of Florida
- Strong writing skills, interpersonal skills, and ability to work within a team
- Must be enrolled in a relevant undergraduate, graduate or post-graduate academic program
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel to attend meetings, presentations and events outside of the office
- Bilingual is a plus
- Experience with Photoshop/Illustrator/WordPress is also a plus
Unpaid Intern, 20 - 40 hours a week. Mid-May through mid-August preferred. The Children’s Movement does NOT provide housing or transportation. Academic credit may be offered.
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter to Krsha Sendón at Krsha.Sendon@childrensmovementflorida.org with the subject line: 'Summer 2018 Internship'