YALDA US Event Management Intern
- Internship posted by Youth Alliance for Leadership and Development in Africa (YALDA)
Hours per week
Do you have a strong passion for the development of Africa? Do you have innovative ideas on how the youth can contribute to Africa’s development? Do you want to work directly with the African Development Bank, UNHabitat, the African Union, and the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa? Do you want to attend meetings at the UN Headquarters in New York? Do you love to network and meet people from all over the world? Then this position is for you!
YALDA is a networking organization that is truly Africa branded : "By Africans, For Africa!".
YALDA is a non-profit international organization established by Harvard University students in order to create a resourceful networking database for those with a strong interest in Africa. The network is centered around YALDA branches, primarily at African universities, and serves to increase the capacity of youth in Africa for developing positive leadership skills and to espouse an honest work ethic. YALDA US works on researching opportunities in Africa, fundraising activities, working with branches, maintaining relationships with UN and compliance with regulations as a 501 (c)(3).
YALDA US is planning its annual fundraising event in New York and has vacancies for Event Management Interns to report directly to the YALDA US External Liaison Officer and YALDA US President. Please note this is an UNPAID internship.
The YALDA US Event Management Intern is responsible for assisting the YALDA US Branch with planning and delivery of our fundraising event in New York. The purpose of event is to fund the YALDA Youth Hub being built in Botswana. If you love Africa and would love to see her develop, then this opportunity is for you!
· Engage businesses, organizations and individuals for ticket sale purchases
· Engage local businesses and international organizations for event sponsorships
· Manage and assist in the coordination of activities during the event
· Create marketing materials and prepare team members for meetings by conducting research and developing strategies
· Coordinate activities with business partners and corporate sponsors
· Promote event in social media and other relevant platforms
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in project management or event management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail, organization skills and accuracy of work
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner and develop good rapport with both internal and external parties
- Work independently and tackle multiple proposals simultaneously
- Must have a strong interest in Africa
- This is a great opportunity for undergraduate, graduate students and working professionals
- Advanced PC skills; including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Candidates preferably located in New York, NY
- Must have constant and reliable access to internet
How To Apply
Please send your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 October 2018.Please quote "YALDA US Event Management Intern" in the subject line.