Hours per week
Flexible, 20 hours per week; option to work remotely if needed.
137 East 2nd Street
Graphic Design Summer Intern
(Part-time, temporary, unpaid internship; Travel compensation is offered within NYC)
The Catholic Big Sisters and Big Brothers is looking for a creative, enthusiastic, and hard-working design Intern to join our team. The Intern will assist in the planning and execution of both digital and print marketing materials. The ideal candidate is highly motivated with a strong eye for design, art direction and current trends. CBSBB is a collaborative and fast paced environment, and this is a fantastic opportunity to learn from our small, dynamic and creative team.
· College junior or senior majoring in graphic design, visual communications or related field
· Skilled in design and typography, Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
· Provide portfolio of marketing and special event samples
· Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Strong attention to detail
· Solid written and verbal communication and presentation skills
· Demonstrated ability to brainstorm and collaborate with team as well as work independently
· Excellent organization and time management; able to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
· Passionate about making a difference in the lives of NYC children and families in hardship
Responsibilities: The Graphic Design Intern will:
· Assist in the creation of wide marketing materials, visual internal/external communications; Create illustrations, design graphics and manipulate photography to support outreach efforts for programs and special events
· Design special event materials including flyers, invites and sponsorship decks.
· Conceptualize and design a look and feel for various social media campaigns
· Catalog and retouch photographs
· Utilize and cultivate your graphic design skills to help grow and further your career
Reports to: Director of Development
Start date: Summer 2018; Internship will run from June through late August (start date and end dates are flexible)
Work schedule: Flexible, 20 hours per week; option to work remotely if needed.
To apply: Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, including a link to your online portfolio or samples of your work.
For over 115 years, Catholic Big Sisters and Big Brothers (CBSBB), a non-sectarian nonprofit has been addressing the social, emotional and academic challenges facing youth from low income, single parent households, by providing one-to-one community based mentoring services supported by life skills programming, crisis intervention, and family support. We seek to improve the lives of children of all faiths, empowering them to recognize, reach for and achieve their full potential as confident, caring adults. Our community including staff, board members, donors, clients and volunteers represent diverse cultural background and faiths.
Travel compensation is offered within NYC