$2,500 plus on site accommodation at Vineyard Arts Project
Hours per week
Part time through 6/1, full time in Edgartown through 9/3
215 Upper Main Street
We are seeking a positive, self-starting, organized, intelligent and hard-working intern to join our small and passionate team in running Vineyard Arts Project. Excellent position to gain experience with operations/company management, marketing/social media, and development. Team player with an interest in the performing arts a must. Special preference to candidates with a background in digital photography.
Duties will include:
- Assisting with the maintenance of Vineyard Arts Project communications and donor relationship management databases.
- Writing e-mail announcements, web calendar listings, and other web content. Contributing to maintenance and updates on the Vineyard Arts Project website as needed.
- Maintaining Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts; posting updates on behalf of Vineyard Arts Project.
- Creating programs and marketing collateral in support of Vineyard Arts Project workshop performances.
- Managing merchandise and guest check-in at events and public-performances.
- Coordinating rehearsal room and event set-ups, including furniture configuration, ordering food and supplies, set-up and breakdown for both artistic residencies, wellness retreats, and weekly onsite yoga.
- Work in support of annual Art4Art 4th of July fundraiser and support for online CharityBuzz Auction.
- Answering phones, addressing inquiries, and relaying messages to on site residents in a timely manner. Tracking incoming and outgoing mail, packages, and deliveries.
- Ensuring office is organized, stocked, and free of clutter; ordering, stocking, and distributing office supplies.
- Assisting with other related duties such as coordinating artist transportation, photocopying, printing, collating, running errands.
More About the Position
Position scheduled to last May-September 2018. Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize, capable of balancing multiple projects at once. Candidate must have strong interpersonal skills and possess a positive demeanor. The position requires interacting with staff, artists, donors, performance guests, vendors, and other external contacts.
About Vineyard Arts Project: Vineyard Arts Project is a performing arts residency and wellness retreat space on Martha's Vineyard that furthers the creation of innovative new work in dance and theatre, provides an unparalleled nurturing environment for artists, and reaches a wide audience with “pay what you can” admission prices to all readings and performances. More information about Vineyard Arts Project can be found at: vineyardartsproject.org
How To Apply
If you wish to be considered for this position, please email your resume, a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 5, 2018.