Hours per week
Minimum 12 hours/week; flexible - 3 days/4 hours per
20 Park Plaza
Development Intern/Volunteers help further the mission of Women’s Lunch Place by providing support to Development staff and assisting with fundraising logistics.
1) Fundraising Event Support
- Assist with logistics for signature events – Fall Spaghetti Dinner/Spring eat LUNCH give Luncheon
- Help to prepare sponsorship materials, solicitation letters, and donor lists
- Support the solicitation of silent auction and raffle items
- Prepare printed materials for events such as bid sheets & auction descriptions
- Assist with event-related errands such as permits & donation pick-up
2) Administrative Duties
- Assist with data entry and corrections for donor database
- Complete computer projects using Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Support admin with mailings, collecting mail, and pick-ups at the shelter
3) Specialized Projects – as available
- Interns may propose projects that utilize their special skills or fulfill an academic requirement. A project outline and academic supervision is necessary.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
· Ability to learn quickly and work independently
· Opportunity to learn advanced skills in Word such as mail merge
· Opportunity to hone Excel and Power Point skills
· Learn entry-level database entry in Raiser’s Edge
· Learn entry-level email software Constant Contact
· On-the-job training and supervision provided by Development staff
· Access outside trainings hosted and/or coordinated by Women’s Lunch Place
Women’s Lunch Place provides a safe, comfortable daytime shelter, nutritious food, and services for women who are experiencing homelessness or poverty. We treat women with dignity and respect, and foster a community committed to meeting each woman’s needs.
How To Apply
Please forward resume and cover letter.