The Chesapeake Bay Trust (the Trust), a non-profit organization that promotes public participation in the restoration of the Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries, seeks a programmatic intern for the year for approximately 24 hours per week. This position will play an important role in assisting the Trust’s programmatic team with administration of the Prince George’s County Rain Check Rebate Program and grant-related administrative tasks.
About the Trust
The Chesapeake Bay Trust seeks to engage and empower diverse groups to take actions that enrich the natural resources and local communities of the Chesapeake Bay region. The Trust is a non-profit grant-making organization established by state government in 1985. The Trust makes approximately 400 grants per year ranging from $100 to $200,000 for projects in the K-12 environmental education, on-the-ground restoration, science, and community engagement realms. In the past decade, the Trust has increased its grant-making four-fold through new partnerships, with a current annual grant-making of approximately $11 million.
· Reports to the Rain Check Rebate Program Coordinator to support administrative duties as assigned.
· Assists with processing of Rain Check Rebate program applications and reviewing project documentation.
· Assists with follow-up with Rain Check Rebate program applicants.
· Helps to complete Rain Check Rebate program site visits (virtually and in-person).
· Assists with related data entry into the Trust’s Blackbaud Grantmaking database; and
· Additional other Rain Check Rebate projects, as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
· An undergraduate or graduate degree-seeking student in environmental studies or a related field is preferred. Alternatively, students majoring in other fields must have an interest in environmental stewardship and residential stormwater management practices.
· Knowledge of environment, sustainability, and community engagement issues desired.
Compensation: $15.00 per hour, 24 hours per week
Term: Approximately November 10 through July 1; with a possibility to extend the term pending resource availability.
The Chesapeake Bay Trust (the Trust), a non-profit organization that promotes public participation in the restoration of the Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries, seeks a programmatic intern for the year for approximately 24 hours per week…
To apply, please submit: Cover letter and resume via email to Sarah Higgins; SHiggins@cbtrust.org and place “RCR Programmatic Intern – Your Last Name” in the subject line of the email. The cover letter must address how your skills and experience are specifically relevant to the job description and duties of this specific opportunity, rather than serving simply as a description of your previous positions or experience. Please explain why you are interested in this position specifically and what makes you an ideal candidate. Applications will begin to be reviewed upon receipt. The position will remain open until filled.
The Chesapeake Bay Trust provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, or disability in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. We encourage applications from people of color.
To apply, please submit: Cover letter and resume via email to Sarah Higgins; SHiggins@cbtrust.org and place “RCR Programmatic Intern – Your Last Name” in the subject line of the email. The…