Hours per week
42 Broadway 20th Floor
CRE is committed to building a culturally diverse team and strongly encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Reports to: Development and Marketing Assistant
Start date: June 2018
About Community Resource Exchange (CRE)
CRE is a nonprofit consulting firm that provides the strategies and tools needed to build sustainable, high-performing organizations that improve people’s lives and drive social change. We are privileged to partner annually with nearly 400 organizations, large and small, that are working to create opportunity and catalyze change.
The Development Intern will report to the Development and Marketing Assistant, and will work between two to three days per week between June – August 2018; dates are flexible. They will assist in the maintenance of the donor database, the preparation of grant proposal templates and materials, correspondence with donors and a Social Media project for expanding our donor communication and outreach. This internship is an exciting opportunity to gain professional experience in a dynamic organization that strengthens the leadership and infrastructure of social sector organizations focused on social and economic justice.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Database updates and maintenance
- Research private, corporate, and family foundations with funding priorities that align with CRE’s mission and services
- Support the application process, noting key deadlines for submissions of letters of inquiry, grant proposals, and reports
- Help draft grant proposal templates
- Draft funding prospect profiles and briefing documents
- Help prepare materials to support meetings with donors
- Support and help with planning for special event
- Donor communication and social media maintenance
- Prepare general correspondence
- Such other responsibilities as may be assigned
Qualifications and Expectations
- Commitment to the mission and goals of CRE
- Bachelor’s Degree recently completed or currently being studied, preferably in a field related to the social sector
- Excellent writing and research skills
- Ability to analyze data and create clear written materials
- Interest in and knowledge of grant writing or fundraising
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office; fundraising database experience preferred
- Sense of humor
This is an unpaid internship, but a travel stipend will be offered, as well as the chance to sit one-on-one with CRE senior management and learn about our organization and working in the social sector.
How To Apply
How to Apply
For immediate consideration, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate “Development Intern” in the subject line.
CRE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act.