Hours per week
At least 16 hrs/week
Special Olympics Chicago's mission is to provide year-round sports training and athletic competition in a variety of Olympic-type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities, giving them continuing opportunities to develop physical fitness, demonstrate courage, experience joy and participate in a sharing of gifts, skills and friendship with their families, other Special Olympics athletes and the community.
The Administrative Intern will support the Office Manager on all aspects relating to fundraising and book keeping, as well as special events for Special Olympics Chicago.
- Help with day-to-day office work such as data entry and inventory.
- Attend community events to promote organizational goals.
- Entering and editing data in corporate database.
- Attend athletic competitions of our athletes with intellectual disabilities.
- Assist with social media marketing.
- Assist with the creation and preparation of communication materials.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education
- Extensive computer knowledge with Microsoft operating system and Microsoft applications.
- Ability to commute within Chicago city limits and commit at least 16 hours a week in our downtown office
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and collaborate effectively as a team member.
- Able to communicate at all levels with internal/external clients by phone, email and in person.
- A positive attitude with good organizational and people skills.
- Able to multi-task.
- Reliable and detail-oriented.
How To Apply
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject headline: Spring 2019 Communications Internship