Hours per week
5-20 hours per week
1717 Clemens Rd
We are looking for a skilled, passionate (unpaid) intern who is considering a career in public relations, digital marketing, or brand marketing and wants to work at a cutting-edge technology nonprofit startup, working to increase civic engagement and voting! You will assist the team and gain hands-on experience with press outreach, earned media, SEO/SEM, and content marketing. This is an excellent way to grow your press and marketing skills and understand the ins and outs of strategic PR.
- Gain exposure to all aspects of PR including earned media, SEO, social, brand, and strategy.
- Learn how to develop and execute earned media campaigns that generate leads from press, social media, and organic traffic- including SEO blogger backlink and outreach programs
- Assist our team with press outreach, SEO blogger outreach, building our media list and leveraging content
- Research and identify potential publicity opportunities and explore ways in which we might leverage our content, community, and owned media
- Design and implement outreach strategies that generate articles, blog posts, and social mentions
- Implement and monitor weekly news updates and work with our social media team to spark related conversations that highlight our tools
- Coordinate with state and city news outlets and liaison with elections and civics reporters
- Attend meetings to learn about projects and solutions etc.
- Update our press kit as needed
Skills & Requirements
- Interest in pursuing a career in PR, digital marketing, Brand strategy
- Strong written, analytical, and verbal communication skills
- Hands-on, passionate learner who wants to learn all things growth strategy
- Creative, flexible thinker with desire to uncover connections and networks
- Ability to contribute both individually and as part of a cross-functional team
- Basic knowledge of or interest to learn about press, earned media, SEO and growth strategy
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Attention to detail
What you’ll gain.
- You’ll gain valuable PR, digital marketing skills, and brand skills and experience that you can add to your resume.
- There are opportunities for leadership development, and you will expand your personal and professional network.
- A letter of recommendation will be provided to help with your job search.
- You will have the opportunity to touch the lives of millions of Americans, and be part of a movement and product that will receive national attention.
How To Apply
Please share with us why you find We Vote exciting by emailing JoinUs@WeVote.US. Please include information about yourself and let us know what questions you have. Remote applications welcome.