Hours per week
1155 15th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
NAWB seeks a key member in the planning and implementation of NAWB’s annual event, The Forum, as well as other important responsibilities.
The intern will be a key member in the preparation and implementation of NAWB’s annual keystone event, The Forum, held in March 2019. This will include logistics, promotion and registration management before the event as well as several responsibilities during the days of the event. In addition to this event focus, the position includes other important duties such as research for NAWB programs, database management, communications, etc. This position will give the intern a wide array of workplace skills, educational opportunities, and solid nonprofit experience.
· Assisting with event planning logistics
· Managing event registrations and payments
· Assisting with event promotion and communications
Other duties may include:
· Conducting research for programs with NAWB partners
· Membership database management
· Assisting with NAWB email and website communications
· Providing general administrative support as needed
- Database experience
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong organizational skills
· Be fluent with Microsoft Office (as well as comfortable learning new software and
The ideal candidate is a recent graduate or graduate student. The position requires approximately 15hrs a week commitment and can be flexible with class schedules.
The position pays $13/hr with 2 pay periods a month.
How To Apply
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter, resume and writing sample via email to email@example.com. The subject heading should read “NAWB Intern.” A limited number of applicants will be selected for interviews; names of references will be required from finalists following initial interviews.