Summer 2018 Health Care Reform Internship
- Internship posted by Convergence Center for Policy Resolution
District of Columbia
Convergence Center for Policy Resolution has an immediate opening for a summer Intern to support a public policy project in health care reform. We are most interested in individuals with interest in, knowledge of, and experience with, health care policy issues, such as the major federal health programs (Medicare, Medicaid, and federal support of private health insurance), health care financing, and the Affordable Care Act. Interns majoring in, or having graduated in, public health or public policy are preferred.
The project Intern will have the opportunity to contribute in the following ways:
▪ Perform substantive research and analysis on relevant health care financing and policy issues.
▪ Draft briefing notes and reports for the project team and stakeholders.
▪ Provide support for internal and external meetings; including preparing materials, logistics management, and note-taking.
▪ Provide administrative support to Director and project staff.
▪ Attend outside events and seminars.
▪ Take part in weekly staff meetings.
The experience at Convergence will:
▪ Cultivate a deep knowledge of health care financing and policy issues.
▪ Provide exposure to policy making on local, state and federal levels.
▪ Provide experience in coordinating meetings with high-level policymakers, analysts, and others.
▪ Provide the opportunity to attend roundtable discussions and meetings to listen and learn.
▪ Cultivate a deeper awareness of self, skills, and interests.
▪ Educate about the process of consensus building.
▪ Have a Master’s Degree in Public Health or Public Policy, or be pursuing one of those, or relevant policy experience.
▪ Have an interest in, knowledge of, and experience with, health care policy issues.
▪ Be able to commit to at least 20 hours per week. Full time, 40 hours per week, highly preferred.
▪ Have excellent research, analytical and writing skills.
▪ Possess strong administrative and logistical skills.
▪ Demonstrate the ability to complete multiple tasks with overlapping deadlines.
▪ Be flexible and proactive concerning work assignments.
▪ Ability to exhibit discretion, especially when handling sensitive information, including but not limited to, off the record conversations and drafted legislation.
▪ Work well independently or as a team.
▪ Have a strong command of written and spoken English.
▪ Pay attention to detail.
▪ Have excellent interpersonal skills.
▪ Be fluent with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Convergence Center for Policy Resolution is committed to the principle of diversity and is particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of people including minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
How To Apply
Interns receive a competitive salary of $12.50/hour. Immediate opening available. To apply, please send a resume, cover letter and writing sample to email@example.com with the subject line “Health Reform Internship Application.” No phone calls please.