30 Lafayette Avenue
Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM) is an internationally recognized presenter of contemporary performing arts and cinema. We are seeking our Marketing Intern.
BAM’s Marketing department is responsible for the institution’s branding, communication, and promotions. The division oversees all print and digital promotions, advertising, content marketing, and grassroots marketing efforts. This internship position is an excellent opportunity for candidates who are looking to gain hands-on experience in live performance, arts, and development marketing, as well as arts administration. Interns must be able to work independently and have a can-do attitude.
Expected Duration: ASAP through July 2018 with possible extension
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Project management of student engagement program, including coordinating and hosting student events, leading our Student Ambassador program, updating Student Rush online and print materials, and strategizing outreach efforts to the NYC university community.
- Assist the main stage and development marketing managers in planning and optimizing their unique marketing plans and strategic programs.
- Project coordination, including requests and routing, of digital and print projects, as assigned.
- Research peer arts institutions and performance history and do competitive analysis, as assigned.
- Optimize acquisition and promotional emails for Development Department through a review of email metrics.
- Conduct neighborhood outreach and cultivation with a focus on new buildings and hotels in the area.
- Manage marketing tables for events outside of BAM like Atlantic Antic and Brooklyn Book Festival.
- Assist with email and social media exchanges with other organizations.
- Occasionally help the Marketing Assistant with materials restocking and maintenance.
- Attend BAM performances
- Commitment to 20-25 hours per week with occasional weekend hours.
- Enthusiastic team player
- Ability to communicate both effectively and professionally in written communications and oral presentations
- Organized multi-tasker
- Familiarity with the NYC arts and non-profit scene
- Interest in working at a performing arts/non-profit organization
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and general computer literacy preferred
- Masters or Masters Candidate preferred
Application Instructions: must complete an online application through BAM's website - no phone calls, emails or walk ins, please.
Pay Rate: $14 - $15.50 per hour, depending on experience/education level
Check us out on Twitter/Instagram: #BAMCareers
How To Apply
Must complete an online application through BAM's website - no phone calls, emails or walk ins, please.