Hours per week
20hours a week
110 West 30th Street
The Hunger Project is seeking a bilingual (English and French, Portuguese or Spanish) Program Intern to support the work of the Programs Department in THP’s New York-based Global Office, in the Operations HR area.
The Intern will support the Global Programs Department in its operations and with daily administrative tasks. On a regular basis, the intern will perform research assignments, gather and synthesize information from field offices, translate and/or edit internal documents, and provide administrative support as-needed. Other responsibilities may be assigned as deemed appropriate.
Interns are expected to work approximately 20 hours per week, with flexibility for student schedules. The summer internship will last from June to September with a possibility for extension.
The Intern should:
• Feel comfortable speaking and writing in English as well as either French, Portuguese or Spanish;
• Review documentation, compile information and produce memos and summary reports.
• Have a demonstrated interest in development issues, particularly poverty, hunger, microfinance and gender;
• Be able to work independently on projects as well as collaborate effectively as part of a team;
• Have excellent organizational, time management and multi-tasking abilities;
• Demonstrate exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, and flexibility in working with a diverse group of colleagues;
• Great writing skills
• Be proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite—particularly Excel and Word;
Other desired qualities:
• Demonstrated interest in Africa, Latin America and/or South Asia, either through travel, employment or studies;
• Graduate studies in a relevant field, such as international affairs, international development, economic development, public health, or another related subject area.
Application Deadline: May 16th, 2018
How To Apply
Internships are unpaid and can satisfy university credit (if applicable). Applicants should submit a current résumé with a cover letter to Carlota Ferrari at carlota.@thp.org with the subject line “Programs Operations Intern – Your Name”.