$400 a month
Hours per week
• Minimum commitment of 4 months and 20 hours/week, startingNovember - Janaury
61 Greenpoint Avenue
Impact Network is a New York-based NGO that delivers innovative e-learning programs in rural Africa. We introduce technology into remote, “off the grid” communities that lack trained teachers, enabling thousands of students to benefit from a high-quality education every year.
We are looking for a results-oriented, professional, and energetic intern to work closely with our team in New York. The internship will focus on assisting with partnership development, fundraising, social media, and program coordination. At our small non-profit organization, the intern will have the opportunity to make a significant impact to improve the quality of education for the more than 6,000 students served by our schools.
· Developing social media content and implementing communications strategies
· Manage social media weekly calendar
· Producing high-quality research and writing for online and offline marketing materials
· Research and outreach to potential corporate sponsors
· Develop press list, help draft press materials, and pitch letters
· Other administrative and operational duties as needed to achieve the Impact Network mission
Core values & qualifications:
The ideal candidate is a dynamic and driven individual excited by the opportunity to contribute to the operations and impact of the organization. This ambitious individual will be resourceful, professional, and competent delivering work in individual and group settings. He/she will be highly motivated to making a difference and building a career in the non-profit sector.
The idea candidate has:
· A track record of strong academic performance
· Demonstrable interest in international development and/or non-profit work, including relevant
internship or volunteer experience
· Excellent research, writing, and editing skills
· Competence producing work in MS Office programs, conducting internet research, and using
digital media platforms
· Professionalism, attention to detail, and excellent organizational skills
· A knack for storytelling and creative marketing, and an interest in public relations and content
· Comfort working as part of a team and independently, with a track record of contributing to
projects on deadline
· A positive attitude towards solving problems, stressful situations, and learning new skills
· Minimum commitment of 4 months and 20 hours/week, starting anytime from November 2018 to January 2019
How To Apply
· Please submit a resume and cover letter stating motivation and relevant experience via email to
email@example.com with “New York Intern” in the subject line
· Submit all materials as a single .doc or .pdf file attachment
· Deadline: November 30, 2018. Please note, applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis and
early submissions are encouraged.