Volunteer Opportunity with the potential for academic credit- GrowNYC Development Intern – Government Affairs
- Internship posted by GrowNYC
Hours per week
Candidates should be available to start mid-late January 2019 with a commitment through at least the end of April.
100 Gold Street
GrowNYC is the largest and most established environmental organization in NYC – helping more than 3 million New Yorkers by providing essential services and taking action to make NYC a truly livable city, one where every person can flourish.
Position Title: Development Intern – Government Affairs
Reporting to the Government Relations and Contracts Manager, the Development Government Affairs Intern will support the organization's government affairs efforts, including grant management, relationship building, and special events. Candidates should be self-starters with high attention to detail and an interest in food systems, environmental issues, or non-profit administration.
· Tracking and reporting on government grants
· Maintaining data hygiene in The Raiser’s Edge
· Assisting with correspondence with government agencies and elected officials
· Research and analysis on government funding sources and opportunities
· Special events and other projects
· General administrative duties
· Internship applicants should be enrolled in a related undergraduate or graduate program, such as environmental studies, communications, or nonprofit administration.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
· Candidates must have strong writing, computer, organizational, research, and interpersonal skills.
Location & Hours:
The Development Intern will report to our office at 100 Gold Street in Manhattan 15 to 20 hours a week, with possible occasional assistance at offsite events.
This is an unpaid volunteer opportunity with the potential for academic credit. Applicants are highly encouraged to arrange to receive academic credit from their school.
How To Apply
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to Kate Giessel firstname.lastname@example.org.